You can also download a PDF copy of my full CV.
- Ph.D in Geography, Ohio State University, 2023 (expected)
- Gradudate Certificate in College and University Teaching, Ohio State University, 2021
- M.A. in Geography, Ohio State University, 2019
- B.S. in Environmental Science, Peking University, 2017
- B.S. in Mathematics and Applied Mathematics, Peking University, 2017
- Aug 2019 - present: Accessibility in Motion: Measuring Real-time Accessibility with High-resolution Data
- Ph.D dissertation
- With Dr. Harvey J. Miller, Dr. Ningchuan Xiao, Dr. Huyen Le, and Dr. Andre Carrel
- Feb 2018 - Aug 2019: Measuring public transit transfer risk using high-resolution schedule and real-time bus location data
- Master’s thesis
- With Dr. Harvey J. Miller, Dr. Morton O’Kelly, And Dr. Ningchuan Xiao
Park, Y., Mount, J., Liu, L., Xiao, N., & Miller, H. J. (2020). Assessing public transit performance using real-time data: spatiotemporal patterns of bus operation delays in Columbus, Ohio, USA. International Journal of Geographical Information Science, 34(2), 367-392.
Liu, L., & Miller, H. J. (2020). Measuring risk of missing transfers in public transit systems using high-resolution schedule and real-time bus location data. Urban Studies, 0042098020919323.
Liu, L., & Miller, H. J. (2020). Does real-time transit information reduce waiting time? An empirical analysis. Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, 141, 167-179.
Liu, L., Miller, H. J., & Scheff, J. (2020). The impacts of COVID-19 pandemic on public transit demand in the United States. Plos one, 15(11), e0242476.
Liu, L., Porr, A. & Miller, H.J. Realizable accessibility: evaluating the reliability of public transit accessibility using high-resolution real-time data. J Geogr Syst (2022). https://doi.org/10.1007/s10109-022-00382-w
Liu, L., & Miller, H. J. (2022). Measuring the impacts of dockless micro-mobility services on public transit accessibility. Computers, Environment and Urban Systems, 98, 101885.
Grants and awards
"Sharpe Innovation Commons Seed Grant Award" by OSU geography ($5,000), 2020
"Everest Project" by Peking University ($6,000), 2013 - 2017
TR Lakshmanan and Lata Chatterjee Awards, 2020
Collaborative Achievement in Sustainability Award from Mid-Ohio Regional Plannin Commission (as group)
Scholarship of Tiehan, PKU, 2013-2016
Honorable Mentioned by “Mathematical Contest in Modeling” Sponsored by COMAP
President of "Outstanding Class" award winner of PKU in 2015